Sunday, July 19, 2015

Sugar Skulls...

It's been a while but Alpha Stamps is resurrecting swaps! First up is a sugar skull swap and boy am I ready! I even created a collage sheet for the occasion. Here's what my swap entries look like...
Yes, I used my new collage sheet all over them! I also used plenty of glitter and other goodies from my stash and from Alpha Stamps.
My favorite of this group is the devil.
I think he's pretty handsome with his gold tooth and faux suede horns.
While I was working on my sugar skulls, I kept thinking about this years Dia de los Muertos (or Day of the Dead) festivities. The cemetery where my Mom is buried is open for Day of the Dead vigils and will place a lit candle on the grave of your loved one for a small fee.
I like to go out and spend some time graveside with Mom on this night and decided to make a traditional shrine to decorate her gravestone along with the traditional marigolds.
I think she'll love it :)
If you're wondering where I got the lovely white skeleton, it's actually one of the plastic skeletons we sell at Alpha Stamps. It started out black but quickly became white with a coat of gesso and a couple of coats of white spray paint.
I hope you'll join me for the sugar skull swap, you can find all of the details here.
Thanks for stopping by and have a creative day!

No comments: