Saturday, February 3, 2018

Pussy Cat Theatre...

The new kit this month at Alpha Stamps is called Pink Valentine Theatre Kit. As a fan of the color pink I immediately fell in love with this kit and begged to make a sample! For said sample, I went back to my roots a bit and made a cat headed ballet theatre...
and it has lights!
The lights were so easy to add because the Punch & Judy Theatre (that I used as a base for my creation) has a lovely cubbyhole on the top, perfect for hiding your lighting controls.
I used a Mini String of Fairy Lights and hot glued them to the ceiling of the theatre and threaded the wire for the controller through a tiny hole in the ceiling so it could live in the cubbyhole.
You can just see the fairy lights in the photo above.
Here I am with my controller out ready to turn the lights on!
It looks so pretty all lit up!
If you're wondering how I got all of my scenery and dancers to stand up, here's my secret. After cutting out the pieces I wanted to use I glued them to 1/8 Inch Wooden Dowels then I made holes in the theatre floor, with a craft knife, where I wanted them go.
To keep them in place I used hot glue.
I think they look clean and uncluttered this way.
Thanks for stopping by and reading my ramblings. I hope you will try to create a theatre for yourself or a friend. If you're interested in the supplies I used, you can find them HERE.
Go make something!







3 comments:

Kathlene said...

I love the cat faces. Great job!

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing your project. It turned out purrrfectly!

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing your project! It turned out purrrrrfectly!