Saturday, July 23, 2016

Rose Ella's reading room or a Witch's Grimoire...

Rose Ella is a witch with an addiction to reading. She likes nothing better than to curl up in her favorite chair with a good book and a cup of pumpkin spice latte (a girl after my own heart)...
I created Rose Ella's reading room inside a new Large Faux Book Box. The cover is meant to look like a grimoire (witch's spell book)...
Then you open it up and the fun begins!
 I used a miniature book I made (using the Spell Book Box Covers Collage Sheet) to prop up the front right corner of the book box because the chair I used is resin (and kinda heavy). This way it can be displayed open on a shelf without tipping forward.

My favorite part of this whole scene is the book case. I love how it looks...
It started out as an unfinished Corner Bookcase with 3 Shelves. I added Dresden trim to the book case like this...
It doesn't matter what color of Dresden you use as you are going to paint over it with Gesso once it dries. Then I attached some Tiny Resin Skulls like so...
You can see the frame I used (and a shelf for an up coming project in the pic too). Once the skulls dried I added a second coat of Gesso to everything then painted it all with black acrylic paint. A dry brushing with transparent white acrylic paint gave it an aged appearance.
Speaking of aged... isn't that little stone gargoyle adorable!? I loved him so much I bought extra to share with you, now available in my etsy shop.
I hope you have enjoyed this look inside Rose Ella's reading room... If you'd like to make your own witchy reading room, or other fun miniature scene, you can find my supply list here.
 
Stay tuned for more spooky and witchy projects as I gear up for Halloween :D

3 comments:

Artfully Musing said...

Spooktacular!!!

Artfully Musing said...

Spooktacular

Shannon Cooper said...

Another mini masterpiece, Teri! Thanks for the tips for adding features to furniture. Very clever!