Saturday, April 11, 2015

a haunted sunken ship shadowbox in a miniature suitcase...

It looks like a miniature suitcase with buckles and labels and all of the other things you'd expect a suitcase to have... But, when you open it up there the similarities end...
Inside awaits a tiny haunted world from a past era when sailing via ocean liner was all the rage. Unfortunately, for our occupants this ship is resting somewhere on the bottom of the ocean.
There is lots of luggage in this stateroom including a nifty steamer trunk stuffed full of travel things (such as the tiny passports and tags).
The occupant of this stateroom is a bit indisposed at the moment. It doesn't look like he will be finishing his breakfast anytime soon.
I hope you've enjoyed my little sea journey. I created it with stuff I got at Alpha Stamps, including a new collage sheet with the luggage boxes I designed exclusively for Leslie (the Queen of Alpha Stamps). To help you put the boxes together, I created my very first Snapguide Tutorial. It's super easy to follow and I hope you will make some sweet little luggage boxes for your own artsy project.



5 comments:

L Mahaffey said...

So. Very. Cool.
Really love this!

Laura Carson said...

OMG this turned out so great. You idea is so clever!

Lynda said...

So amazing! Where do I find the chair?

Teri Calia said...

I found a cheap dollhouse chair on eBay and used satin black spray paint on it :)

Deb said...

Oh my gosh Teri, this is absolutely incredible! The details are spectacular, right down to the food on the plate and the ghostly figure outside of the porthole, love it! Truly spectacular, off to take a peek at your Snapguide and thanks so much for sharing your expertise.