Saturday, April 15, 2017

playing with new products...

One of my favorite things to do is to try new paint or patina products. This weekend I was lucky enough to score several new products to try. First up was the new Finnabair Art Extravagance Patina Effect Paste Set. This set is magical! I was a little skeptical when I saw the color of the pastes as I pulled them from the box, but, as I worked with them I was quickly won over.
 I applied the Brass paste, with a paint brush, to completely cover the frame.
 Next I opened up the jar of Blue paste and thought to myself, jeeze, that looks kinda fluorescent...
 but brushing it lightly over the Brass paste created an instant verdigris patina!
 So when I opened up the jar of Mint-Green, I couldn't wait to see what would happen.
 The Mint-Green is the thickest paste in the kit and it really adds a sort of crusty-ness to the frame...
 the more layers you apply the more the piece seems to age right before your eyes!
 To finish my frame I added a backing of Black Suede Paper glued to lightweight chipboard.
 My next project uses a Memory Hardware Resin Frames - Marseille Grand as the canvas.
 I've been dying to try the Nuvo Embellishment Mousse - Black Ash so decided to cover the whole frame with it. OMG! This stuff is like soft butter! It goes on so smooth and covers like a dream.
 To accent the details on my frame I used the new Art Alchemy Antique Brilliance - Red Amber and Art Alchemy Metallique Wax - Aged Brass. These waxes are soft, creamy, smell good and are easily applied with a tiny brush for detail work. They cover very well too, as you can see, since I used them right over the Black Ash.
 I applied a backing of Black Suede Paper and lightweight chipboard to this frame too.
To finish off this frame, I glued some Relics & Artifacts Rhinestone Chains - Amethyst around the inner edge with a bit of E6000.
You may be wondering what the heck I plan to use my frames for since I glued the backings onto them...
 Well, I'm going to use them to display my treasures and shiny bits of course!
I hope you've enjoyed this post and it inspires you to go out and make something :)



No comments: