Saturday, June 9, 2018

the vital question...

 Do you have a couple of hours to be creative? Then why not grab the new Architextures 2 paper set from Alpha Stamps and collage your heart out! 
Almost all of the images I used on this project come from that paper set and they are pretty fabulous. Besides the cooking and food images there are also travel images and wonderful floral papers. I haven't been this excited over a group of papers in ages!
I started this project with one Tiny Matchbox Theatre and one of the new, and adorable, Framed Matchbox Books. I collaged similar images onto both pieces so that they had a nice cohesiveness. Stacking them and tying a ribbon around them, when I was finished, made them seem like a cute little set.
 I love this amazing vintage cookbook image, from the Architextures 2 paper set, as the cover for the matchbox book. It is the perfect size and so quirky. A bit of washi tape works well to bind the cover together. I used the same tape on the matchbox theatre so that they match and both look like books.
 Inside the matchbox book is a strawberry with butterfly wings (sparkling with a bit of Diamond Stickles) just because I liked how it looked and it made me laugh. The few quotes on this project, including "can you keep a secret?" are from the Words collage sheet.
 Slide open the matchbox theatre and inside is a layered group of paper wine bottles and a 3D resin french bread. I think the bottles look pretty realistic with the bread because I used black adhesive foam to add depth. The bottles in the front (of this little vignette) have 2 pieces of tape stacked, one on top of the other, to give them more depth.
This was a pretty quick and easy project to do, most of the time was spent "fussy cutting" images from the paper and gluing the chipboard matchbox theatre and book together. I love doing collage projects like this because you can't get it wrong as long as you like how it looks :)
Thanks for reading my post, it is always appreciated. You can see my supply list here.

1 comment:

DianeLSullivan said...

Wow, beautiful work, as always!