Saturday, April 22, 2017

getting back to my roots...

I've been doing a lot of multi media and three dimensional art lately and felt the need to do something a bit simpler and more collage-y. So, I grabbed one of the adorable Hidden Drawer Book Box - ATC Size and a brand spankin' new Saucy 6x6 Paper Pad and got to work creating this sweet "Let's Eat" shrine.
With the exception of one tiny little pitcher of milk, the whole thing is made of paper. Some of the paper is from a new collage sheet I created just for this project. It has lots of kitschy images of food and people eating and goes great with the Saucy paper.
I also begged Leslie to have a little set of chipboard kitchen shapes cut, thus giving birth to Tiny Kitchen Items :)
Don't they look adorable painted black?
Inside my little shrine is a darling little girl, dressed for Sunday dinner, with a straw hat perched jauntily on her head. It appears dinner is just being served...
Haha! Looks like my kind of dinner! Yummy cupcakes and a glass of milk, what could be sweeter? And there's that tiny Pitcher of Milk I spoke of earlier.
On the back is an old advertisement for sugar...
 I hope you enjoyed my kitschy sweet Let's Eat shrine and it will inspire you to either go out and eat a dozen doughnuts or, better yet, make a shrine of your very own!
Here's a link to the products I used ;)


No comments: