Sunday, December 9, 2012

on the tenth day of Christmas...

my true love gave to me 10 feline fashionistas festively festooned... well maybe just in my version of Alpha Stamps 12 Days of Christmas...


I was graciously asked by Miz Bella to be a guest designer for the tenth day of Christmas in this fabulous blog event and I chose to do something with dressed kittys instead of those boring old traditional leaping lords. So I used a wonderful new accordion book and cut it apart to make five wall "hangers" and a sweet little hanging atc...


It was super easy to do, just a bunch of cutting and glueing for the most part, the hardest part was trying to figure out how to add a dimensional flocked tree to one of my flat panels...


Here's what I finally did after a bit of pondering...
first I cut the base off of the tree...


then I used a pair of sharp scissors and cut all of the bristles from one side of the tree, leaving the top half inch of the tree intact...


then I took out my trusty hot glue gun and glued that tree right where I wanted it...


After getting the tree down, everything else kinda just flew together and when I was finished I had five panels ready for hanging...




I was lucky to find five sweet hangers in my stash to hang up my kittys with... that's why I am so dedicated to hoarding, err um I mean collecting art supplies...


if you'd like to add any of the lovely supplies I used from Alpha Stamps to your art supply collection you can find a complete list with links here.










2 comments:

Unknown said...

Teri, I am just smitten with your kittens! LOL I'm a huge animal lover and I just love, love every single page of your project. Thanks for sharing how you added the flocked tree - it's wonderful. Your very sweet project really makes me smile!

Rett said...

Bless your heart...you're an animal lover like myself :) I have to tell you how much I enjoyed your project for the Alpha Stamps 12 Days of Christmas. Love the kitty cats all dressed up in their finery. I noticed that they're even getting along with those of the canine persuasion...must be the magic in the air!