Wednesday, September 27, 2017

a couple of handmade Halloween decorations...

This week I whipped up a couple of cute Halloween decorations to add to my Etsy shop. I've been kind of lazy about keeping my shop stocked lately and I was feeling guilty.

First up is a coffin shaped shrine/shadowbox featuring a little pumpkin headed witch swinging on a broom under a happy moon. The quote reads:
When witches go riding,
and black cats are seen,
the moon laughs and whispers,
'tis near Halloween.
I used moss covered twigs, I found while hiking in the mountains, to make a tree. The moss had turned pale yellow as it dried out so I painted it bright green. The swing is a Miniature Rustic Broom tied to the tree with baker's twine. The sweet little witch is from my Little Demons Collage Sheet with a witch hat from my Halloween Dress Up Half Sheet
My supply list can be seen here.

Next up is an adorable potion bottle shaped wall hanging. I love how this came out and will find it hard to part with!
All of the cute pumpkin headed children I used came from my Halloween Darlings Collage Sheet.
I fell in love with that Wicker Baby Carriage and really couldn't wait to use it in a piece of art :)
 I used two sets of  Chipboard Potion Bottles to create the base. I simply glued the potion bottles side by side onto a piece of 12"x12" cardstock (after papering the fronts of the bottles).
 Twelve inches wasn't quite long enough so I had to add a small piece to the end. I used washi tape to hold it together until the final bottle was glued in place.
 After the glued dried, I cut the excess paper off with a sharp craft knife and sanded the edges smooth with an emery board. Super easy! I added two strips of Half-Round Dresden Borders - Black across the front of the bottles to give it added stability (and make it pretty!).
In order to add the Halloween Fiber Set hanging sash to my bottles I used my Crop-A-Dile to punch holes in the sides of the bottles then strung the fibers through the holes and knotted them.
My supply list for this project can be seen here.

Thanks for dropping by and reading my post. I hope you are inspired to go make something :)




2 comments:

L Mahaffey said...

I LOVE your potion bottle wall hanging!!!

Tee said...

I love what you created with the potion bottles! This is fantastic! Love it.