Saturday, November 19, 2016

Little Christmas Cabin in the Woods...

This whole room box started because I begged Leslie (of alphastamps.com) to order this awesome Kraft Christmas Deer Scrapbook Paper. She wasn't crazy about it and didn't think it would sell so I said I'd make something cute with it so that people would see how very awesome it is :) I thought it would be the perfect wallpaper for a miniature cabin, especially if you had a Mini Deer Head Trophy hanging on the wall that the wallpaper was covering...
I really prefer a deer head trophy, miniature or not, with a festive wreath around it so I decided to go all out and make my cabin a Christmas cabin. Of course this necessitated the creation of a Miniature Advent Calendar, a Chipboard Sleigh - 1:12 Scale and multiple collage sheets. All the extra work paid off (at least the extra work I did... not sure how Leslie feels about the extra wok she did, lol) and I really adore how it all came together.
Look at that tiny little sleigh! It's so easy to put together with only seven little pieces. I used a metallic gold paint pen I purchased at Michael's to color all the pieces before I glued it together. Then I used a fine red glass glitter to add color to the sides. A few pieces of Mini Pine Fern and three cards from Christmas Wrap & Cards Collage Sheet and it's all done and looking super festive :)
The lovely advent calendar has a lot more than seven pieces but it is still pretty easy to put together. Just make sure to give it a dry run before gluing it together as the side cubby divider pieces are nearly but not exactly the same size as the top and bottom cubby pieces and are NOT interchangeable. If you get them mixed up you won't be able to put the outside edges on correctly. The Tiny Advent Calendar Collage Sheet makes finishing this miniature calendar a breeze!
The sweet wrapped gifts under my tree are really just tiny blocks of wood wrapped up with the paper from my new Christmas Wrap & Cards Collage Sheet. I added a bit of Tim Holtz Pine Twine Garland around the neck of the smallest deer from a set of Tim Holtz White Resin Deer and added a slice from a Polymer Clay Red Swirl Peppermint Cane at the front. The wreath around my deer head trophy is made from pine twine and peppermint cane too.
My flooring is from the Tim Holtz Christmas Tidings 8x8 Paper Stash which has some lovely prints in it. That very realistic braided rug is from my new Rustic Dollhouse Rugs Collage Sheet that I printed out on White Suede Paper* to give it some texture. If you were wondering why I added a baseboard to my room, it's not just for decoration, I accidentally tore some of the paper in that area and the baseboard covered my booboo right up!
I popped the mirror (not made of glass, but unbreakable mirror material) out of a Wooden Medicine Cabinet and turned it into a little table top curio cabinet. It sits on top of a dollhouse side table I had in my stash. The curios inside on the shelves are O Scale model train minis or quarter scale minis. I also used a tiny sea shell on one of the shelves.
 The back of my room box is covered by Kraft Christmas Postmarks Scrapbook Paper which matches the Kraft Christmas Deer Scrapbook Paper perfectly :)
For a complete listing of all the products I used that are available at alphastamps.com go here
Thanks so much for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed reading about my room box project and are ready to go make one of your own :D
 

1 comment:

E said...

Your room box turned out really cute love all the detail, the wall paper would be cute in a mini hunting lodge too E